View Single Post
Old 07-14-2022, 12:36 PM   #12
Stepside Jim

Re: 1957 Chevy truck re-rebuild

It's been 6 years since an update on my 57. I've always thought it would be nice for those who we have followed on a build thread to check in after a few years and give us an update on how the truck is doing, what parts have lasted and which ones have failed.

Perhaps peoples response's to your truck or people you've met.

I have one to mention...This past Saturday I met a very nice couple at a car show, I'm sorry I don't recall their names (sorry) but I do remember very well the conversation. They followed my build thread for the couple of years as I posted my progress. I remember I was floored by the kind words of my craftsmanship and their remembrance to the work I did to my truck. I also recall them mentioning inspiration, attention to detail ect.

Point is, we just never know who we inspire by having a build thread for others to see. As a side note...if you are doing a build thread, I've found the best comments I get are the way I show the progress as I work along, not just the beginning and the end with no pics on how it was done.

I've just reached a milestone on mine. I've thought it would be a good time at 10,000 miles to do an update. Not a good pic of the speedometer, sun glare was an issue. I was 150 miles from home and I had to pull over on Route 65 north of Branson to catch the 10,000 on the speedometer.

to be continued...
Attached Images