View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 02:11 AM   #12
dagnabbitt

Re: 1967 GMC K20 " The Kodiak"

I picked it up from the farm it had been living on since - I think I am nearly an expert by now, based upon my assessment of algae, lichen and beer can logos - the mid eighties.

As you can see below, all four tires were off the rims. I brought a set of Yukon eight bolts with tires that I have been setting aside for.... my Yukon. But ironically they came with the 72 GMC 2500 I bought last year and they are brand new Bridgestones and I was looking forward to putting them on my 2010 Yukon this fall. But I never got around to it and so this junk now has nicer wheels and tires on it than my Yukon does. If you can understand this paragraph you might be a member of this forum.

It was a hot day and I was sore from a four hour drive because my back hurts but I nonetheless dragged out my floor jack and changed all four wheels which were rusted on in this cowpatch (ask me how I know it was a cowpatch): each one must have weighed a 150 lbs since there were full of water and cow but I wasn't leaving them there. Then I winched it on to the trailer which was such a nice break.

The whole time I was worried that the owner would notice that of the 170 or so vehicles that he sold at the auction that this one sold for the least money and that he would give me a hard time, but he didn't. He was a great guy and told me: drive a half mile, take a right, then a left, and don't slow down cause you will get stuck, its been raining a week. Driving a Yukon 2500 with a heavy trailer and a truck on it meant that I had to put it in 4x4 and floor it to get out, but luckily I did.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote