View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 08:34 AM   #5
FL71C10

Re: Parts ordered from Summit, received from Classic Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
Could we see your new Back-up Lights?
I ordered some new clear lenses from a vendor once for my '68 C/10 Stepside, but they were different from OEM.
I think I ordered from LMC, but they came in a Classic Industries bag, with LMC part number stickers attached.
The originals had concentric rings inside the lens to spread out the light rays omnidirectionally.
The replacements had parallel lateral lines.
[Probably a '60-'66 part.]
I didn't think it would be an issue, but the replacement ones mounted cock-eyed on the passenger side.
Instead of the screw holes being at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock [like they are on the driver side] the passenger side mounting holes are at 1 o'clock and 7 o'clock. With conmcentric rings [Fresnel Lens] angle doesn't matter, but with the parallel lines the rays cast obliquely.
Big deal, it's only back-up lights, but it bugs me.
Early Monday morning, or Late Friday afternoon assembly? IDK.

Here are some pictures of my backup lights along with the brackets. The holes in both brackets are drilled the same and neither backup light fits with the orientation so that the label on the lens that says top is not on the top. I suppose I could redrill the bracket but I'm not sure if my ocd-ness is that overpowering on this issue. Now that you brought it up I may not be able to unsee it. Lol
Attached Images