View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 01:23 AM   #238
Richard

Re: Restomod 72 K10 "Good Memories"

With work, the heat and plain old procrastination I am still moving forward on the truck. Front suspension was taken off. Shock hoops fully welded, painted and tweaked for reinstall. Never planned to just bolt through stock frame. Reinforcements made with 1", 1/4" wall tube and tied to upper and lower frame rails. I removed the shackle hangers and patched the hole as well. Easier to route brake, fuel lines and electrical with it gone.

The procrastination part was on the front frame reinforcing or boxing plates. Very few making them, expensive ($750), waiting time and only seemed for 2wd. Felt I needed to do something as the frame was not designed to support the truck as I have it now. Have the left side ready for welding in. Wanted something for easy access and still provided support. You can see what I came up with. About $30 of metal I had picked up. It is 1/4" so should be strong.

Four link brackets are fully welded on the axle. Threw a coat of paint on it to keep the surface rust from coming back. Still need to add sway bar mounts and steering ram mount. All my links and bars are welded and painted except the draglink. Have been waiting for some HD high angle tie rod ends for it, they finally showed up. Need to get everything back on the truck so I can see if they will work. Shooting to get the truck supporting it's own weight first of the week.
Attached Images

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote