View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 12:04 AM   #685
Just call me Sean

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

I'm glad the wheel didn't come off on my way home. I've burned up bearings several times on that side, no fire but smoke from the heat. The drum is damaged from the last time it happened, had to glue the dust cap on. I've also busted several leaf springs on that side too. Last time I put on one with an extra leaf. I'm going to rebuild the shelving to better distribute the weight, most of my stuff is on that side right now.

So bossman said he needed me to work and wanted me to put the tools I needed in my truck. He said to bring him the axle and he would pick up everything I needed and he would pay for it. Instead of fixing that axle he got a new one and a new loaded drum. So I didn't lose a day's pay and I didn't have to buy anything. I didn't expect to unhook the trailer from the truck and I didn't think about it before I did. I had the jack stands in front of where the wheels would be so when it popped off the ball the front flew up and the trailer slid down the stands onto the ground. No damage or injury though so no big deal. It's all together now and ready for work tomorrow.
Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote