View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 10:46 AM   #39
americanmusc1e

Re: Project "Old Skool" V.3

Here's a dissapointing status update for the truck.

May of 21 the aluminum fuel tank cracked and I parked the truck for several months in frustration.

I wasn't very happy with the 17gallon aluminum tank so I went back with a modified blazer tank at the expense that I'll need to raise my bed floor an inch to clear. A few extra gallons and I had a blast driving the truck through the spring.

May of this year I was doing a ride along with the Hot Rod Tour of Texas. I got seperated from the group while getting gas. I took a shortcut down a winding road. It was raining. I thought I was going an appropriate speed (~25mph). I hit a very steep downhill curve and locked the brakes up. I crossed over the stripe and got fish-hooked by the utility trailer coming the other direction. The wreck was very low speed but it managed to rip up most of the front end. The truck drove home just fine, but is once again sitting while I collect parts to replace most of the front end.

I've gone through various stages of grieving with the truck. What I've come up with is that I'm going to attempt to take my time bringing it back. I want to fix a few shortcomings while I have the front end off. I now have a 4L80E out of my old daily that might go in. I want to clean up some wiring and do some upgrades to the front suspension.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote