View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 10:39 AM   #12
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: My Dusty 71 GMCe Electruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOffStroker View Post
The way you have it as it sits is the perfect setup for what Fitzee calls the "Cut & Butt." Definitely worth an hour of your time to look him up on YouTube (Fitzee's Fabrication) and see how he does his style of patch panel replacement. It will solve a lot of the problems that I'm sure you're currently trying to figure out with the hood and let you keep the scoops.

I'm still waiting for the E-reveal. This thread inspired me to start planning a Lexus trans-motor based EV of my own. (~'90-ish Toyota pickup or similar mini-truck with Volt battery pack(s) in the bed and a false raised floor to hide the battery)
thanks I will check it out, I had a hard time working on the truck in August here in Northern California as the temps were tickling 108° F and I have a West facing garage, we also shipped off two kids to college as well as our money so the funds were low, hope to get back on the truck real soon

Update: ha ha I saw his cut & butt video a while ago and have used it in the past, but this hood "patch" is not being grafted in, it will remain rivetted on hockey style
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote