View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 09:44 AM   #33
landarts
landarts

Re: 70 K10 the Teal Deal

While waiting for the temperatures to cool down a bit so I can re-paint the areas that I have repaired on the body, decided to address a few other small items that I wanted to change.

The truck runs amazing except for after it sits for a few days all of the gas in the carburetor leaks down and takes a bit of cranking to get it started. I thought maybe a quick band-aid would be to put a check valve in line to stop the gas from leaking down. That did not work so I decided to rebuild the Edlebrock 1406 carburetor that was sitting in the bed when I bought it. So I ordered up a rebuild kit, got it torn down, and soaked in carb cleaner. While that was going on my brother recommended trying one of these knockoff carbs from Amazon that are under $200 dollars. So I searched it up on the interweb and found that the carb was also a Prime deal so I ordered it and figured I have 30 days to return for a full refund if I don't like it.

The carb showed up two days later and could not believe how well it was built. Lots of extra parts, filters, jets, gaskets, fuel lines and clamps came with the kit. Bolted it on and it fired right up when I cranked it over. The truck had sat for about 8 days while I was out of town and I figured this would be the true test. I opened the door and reached over and turned the key, soon has it was in the start position the truck fired right up and idled perfectly. For now, it is a keeper, if not I will install the rebuilt Edlebrock and use this carburetor on one of my other trucks.

Also installed a coolant overflow, which for now is just zip tied to battery bracket and heater hoses. I Will move to the inner fender location tucked back by the battery for a more solid mount and to get it out of the way. Then installed a Grant Classic steering wheel since the wheel on the truck is for a square body.
Attached Images

68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote