View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 11:40 AM   #3637
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

I have never heard of Theo Chocolate. I'll have to look into that. The small operations are all I care about. Nestle makes chocolate as well as owns half the food and beverage companies out there. I don't have to have chocolate, so I want good chocolate from a company focused on that. We have a couple companies like Theo Chocolate in Baltimore. Reb's is one. I was disappointed to see a candy shop in an old house along the Old National Pike on the way to Ellicott City is closed down. Probably the same story, got old and no one wanted to take it on. The sense of continuum is not so strong with younger generations.

That video I posted will play if you click the title up top. It plays it opens YouTube and plays it there

I wanted to show this picture taken near Hoye Crest and Fairfax Stone. The intersection of US50 and US219 in Maryland. They call US50 the loneliest hiway out in the west, desolate for long stretches. They say not so true back east, and that is true. US50 runs straight through Washington, DC, across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and on down to Ocean City, MD. Plenty of people, but you won't see many here at Red House. I've pulled over to eat lunch before and never saw another car.

Looking north and looking east toward Backbone Mt. The hiway runs over top of Backbone into the Potomac Valley. Beautiful views!
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-11-2022 at 09:09 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote