View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 02:37 AM   #3639
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I have never heard of Theo Chocolate. I'll have to look into that. The small operations are all I care about. Nestle makes chocolate as well as owns half the food and beverage companies out there. I don't have to have chocolate, so I want good chocolate from a company focused on that. We have a couple companies like Theo Chocolate in Baltimore. Reb's is one. I was disappointed to see a candy shop in an old house along the Old National Pike on the way to Ellicott City is closed down. Probably the same story, got old and no one wanted to take it on. The sense of continuum is not so strong with younger generations.

That video I posted will play if you click the title up top. It plays it opens YouTube and plays it there

I wanted to show this picture taken near Hoye Crest and Fairfax Stone. The intersection of US50 and US219 in Maryland. They call US50 the loneliest hiway out in the west, desolate for long stretches. They say not so true back east, and that is true. US50 runs straight through Washington, DC, across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and on down to Ocean City, MD. Plenty of people, but you won't see many here at Red House. I've pulled over to eat lunch before and never saw another car.

Looking north and looking east toward Backbone Mt. The hiway runs over top of Backbone into the Potomac Valley. Beautiful views!
I'm not so sure about the younger generation A young guy bought the little market by me and he drives from Bakersfield up and down the canyon.(about an hour each way) and works 7 days a week. All day. Every day. He's always there. I can't imagine working that hard. And that drive is a rough one. Maybe some young entrepreneur will get that candy shop back in action.

That chocolate factory brings me back to my old meter reading days. I read the meter at a chocolate factory and the smell was pure heaven. The other one was a granola factory. I'm no big fan of granola but whoa that place smelled good.

My latest. I had to plug in my phone and of course all the plugs were taken. So I see this night light taking up two outlets. I don't need a night light so I yank it out.

What I didn't know that it was also a candle air freshener. My wife put it there. I pull this thing out and my hand is covered in hot wax.

My wife made fun of me and told me that I should have known. I ask you. Does this look like a candle or a night light? It looks like a night light to me.

I burned my hand, got called an idiot, made a mess, and all I was trying to do was plug in my phone.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote