View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 05:45 AM   #3642
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I'm not so sure about the younger generation A young guy bought the little market by me and he drives from Bakersfield up and down the canyon.(about an hour each way) and works 7 days a week. All day. Every day. He's always there. I can't imagine working that hard. And that drive is a rough one. Maybe some young entrepreneur will get that candy shop back in action....

What I didn't know that it was also a candle air freshener. My wife put it there. I pull this thing out and my hand is covered in hot wax.

My wife made fun of me and told me that I should have known. I ask you. Does this look like a candle or a night light? It looks like a night light to me.

I burned my hand, got called an idiot, made a mess, and all I was trying to do was plug in my phone.
I wasn't talking bad of the younger generation work ethic. My comment was on the lack of sense of continuum, carrying the torch for the family business through the next generation so the one that follows can do the same. I know of many businesses that were doing well with a great reputation and customer base shut down simply because no one in the family wanted to take it on.

You're not an idiot. How would anyone know, other than the one who put it there, that had hot wax in it? I never knew about those until now. I'm surprised that product exists in this sue-happy world we live in.

Random picture I took, my first cordless screw gun
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote