View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 09:42 AM   #735
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Well I know I sound like a broken record recently, BUT I got all the new lights in (what a HUGE difference) and got the shop all cleaned up, to the point where I was able to get it back onto the lift and start to get a new game plan.
first plan is to get the cab all ready for paint. It is in sealer and alot of the body work is done, BUT after getting the new lights installled.... ya I have some areas that need to be addressed, lol. So my plan is to get onto that, get it basically ready for paint. Then I will set it onto the frame (frame is already done) and start to test pre-fit all the other panels, brakes, lines, cables, stereo, wires and such. This will take some time, but I want to prefit everything first, then I will start the painting process. I have all the parts (minus the Holly Injection) and so now it is time to test fit and then get ready to paint.

Now with all that said, a few things have developed. My dad is not doing well and so couple weeks ago I made a somewhat emergency trip to Alabama to visit and just hang out with him. This time was so worth it but while I was there, my cousin showed me a new toy... that is for sale... a 1940 Chevy Coupe.... all steel, new floors, very little denting, no real rust, all parts exists, runs with a 383 stroker, auto tranny and Ford 9". So I may have a new toy to play with.

On the other side is I screwed my back a good one. I have a bad back as it is, had surgery a few years ago and every once in a while I will turn just right and pop, out it goes, drops me to my knees and (as it is shown and laughed at) get stuck and for a while cannot stand back up. Not fun but I will get through it. Gives me a few days to develop my attack plan for the truck.
Anyways, more updates and pics coming..
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote