View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 10:37 PM   #163
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

Took the truck to a local shop that specializes in LS swaps. We checked continuity on the wires to the MAF sensor, which was good. Couldn't get any voltage at the plug, which was bad. Figured out that there's a fuse for the MAF sensor, O2 sensors that is powered through the brake switch. Weird setup. He thought it was a bad brake switch so after blowing several fuses I unplugged the wire from it. That stopped blowing fuses and the sensors were were working again. Great! But it's not starting worth a damn and it's running worse than ever. He was trying to update the tune on the engine and transmission, then it wouldn't start at all. So he flashed it back to what it was when I came in.

I had to leave for a bit and when I came back I was going to try a new brake switch. The other wire was stuck and I couldn't get it to pull out to connect to the new switch. So I loosened the column bolts and the stuck wire pulled free. It was SMASHED to where I could see copper through the insulation. Well I found the source of the short. I plugged the wires back into the old brake switch and no blown fuse and the sensors are still working.

The self learning has a long way to go. It's almost like the MAF is still off. Going to drive it as much as I can the next few days and probably replace the cam position sensor, he thinks that is the cause of the hard starting.

If it gets back to normal then I'll bring it back next week for the retune.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote