View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 08:26 PM   #254
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
Thought I would post an update even though there isn't much to post. Too many interruptions.

I decided to replace all of the exhaust manifold bolts on the 8.1 engine but I'm not having any luck getting a few of them out. I don't want to take a chance on twisting them off so I will just leave them. I am using the Chevy 454 exhaust manifolds on it and they fit great. I am going to trim a little off of the frame mount flange where the arrow is pointing. It has about 1/8th inch clearance but I would like to have a little more. The stock 8.1 manifolds are too bulky and hit the frame. I started cleaning the 454 manifolds up that I wanted to use and found a crack in one of them. I could probably weld it but there is a guy here in town that has a whole pile of them so I will just get one from him to replace it.

I had to replace the brake lines on my 2003 Chevy Suburban plow truck, so I lost a couple more days on the project because of that. Then yesterday My wife calls me from town and says that the shift lever in her '05 Buick Rainier is stuck and won't move. She turned the ignition switch off and now it won't start either. I hopped in the '67 Panel Truck and went in to check it out. The shift cable came off of the transmission arm. There is a plastic retainer that holds it on and it broke in half. After doing some research on line I went to NAPA and purchased the repair kit for it. Two little dinky plastic bushings 14 bucks.... Wow!

Back to the project. I ordered a fuel filter through my local NAPA on Friday. I had a couple of the later model filters but they both had the AN fittings on both ends and I couldn't find the adapters that I would need to make them work. The one I ordered has a 3/8" female flare fitting on one end and a 3/8" hose barb on the other end.. That should fix that problem. It should be here tomorrow.

With any luck at all I'm hoping to fire it up in the next week or so. I've been holding off on getting it running because I know if I do I will want to drive it instead of working on the small stuff that needs to be done....

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote