Thread: Gm crate engine
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 12:35 PM   #40
72SB

Re: Gm crate engine

Steve, more CI= more HP. Making a new block .040 over is just mirroring what they did on a rebuild combo for piston size, head/cam combo when they would take a used 350 ci block and machine it out to either .030 or .040 only in the case now they just use new cast blocks .040 over. IDK if they are cast as that size (357)_ or they actually bore a new 350 block .040 over to get the 357

starting with the original SBC, Gm 265 made x HP, 283 more, 327,350, 396, 427 were respectively more HP as standard builds

BPE "advertised" HP/TQ ratings are always lower than "actuals" which are documented with a dyno sheet for every motor they make. IMHO they build a very good and reliable engine which comes with a 3yr/50k mi warranty even including cost of labor (fixed rate) to R&R a warranty claims vs just "defective parts" if a shop installed the motor

I had my motor direct shipped to Rory's place, Fontana Motorsports, in Simi Valley. He installed it in my Camaro. 1st time I have ever had anyone other than me put in a motor but at the time my hands were not cooperating, so I begrudgingly had him do it. Rory is a solid guy and does good work
72SB is offline   Reply With Quote