View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 03:05 PM   #1216
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Suburban and panel finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I'm pretty sure the last window we installed came from these guys.

There is rubber seal that is cut to length and the end are glued. Then after the window is installed There is a rubber cord that fits in a groove in the seal. Once that cord is pressed into the seal the glass is locked in place.

https://www.motionwindows.com/products/
Thanks, thats some good info! One of the things I disliked about my panel after it was painted was the metal panel "insert" wasn't perfectly flat and being black it was kind of a let down.

I know it could be made flat, but I wasn't going to toss that kind of money at it.

I thought about cutting out that panel and having a someone put in a flange the depth of window glass and then gluing in a window like they do now days on vehicles. I was thinking about a piece of flat limo tint glass in there.

At this time the company I worked for had a glass shop next door, several old school guys in there. They told me no problem once I had the flange done (I was thinking everything as flush as possible to the window with no protruding seal would sort of keep it looking like a panel) they would make a template, have the glass cut and install it. Too bad everything comes at a price, it was more than I was willing to spend on something that might not have the results I was hoping for.

But now maybe doing it the way you showed wouldnt be such a bad thing with the upside it still has a panel-ish look but you could see much better out the sides.

I dunno, its still being worked on right now cleaning up the paint and misc bumps and bruises after sitting going on 20 years.

Boy I really went of on a tangent for a burb and panel finds thread ... Sorry guys haha!