Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 08:26 AM   #1
mebeard

Hello from Houston Texas....

A good friend of mine sent me a link to your sight and it's amazing the amount information on this site.

I purchased a 1972 BB Suburban in November of 2003 and am in the process of reworking it. I only wish I had found this site six months ago.

I've attached a few photos of the truck when I purchased it and the most recent photo of the engine. I listed some of the mods I've made in the last six months. The plan is to have it running in the next few week then start focusing on the body.

I purchased the truck out of Dallas back in November of 2003 one weekend while visiting relatives....had not planned on purchasing this vehicle but when I saw it and the condition it was in, I couldn't resist.

The truck was originally from Montana and I was amazing how good a shape the body was in. I had rust on the rear quarters and a little bit in front of the rear wheels but other than that, the body is great. I have already removed all the rusted panels from the truck and I'm in the process of replacing with new patch panels.

Current Mods/Completed Installs

1. GM ZZ502 BB with built Turbo 400 with a 3000 stall and a Gear Vendors OD. Heads have been Ported and Polished and chanbers opened up to reduce compression for the Intercooled ATI procharger. Estimating the blow/intercooled motor will be around 800 - 900 HP at the flywheel. If I can ge the truck to hook, I hoping to break the 12 sec mark in the 1/4.....wish me luck.

2. Beefed up 12 Bolt GM Diff with Eaton Posi with Yukon 3:73 gear.

3. AirRide Technologies Air Bags front and rear

4. Classic Performance Products rear disc brake conversion with cross drilled and slotted rotors on all 4 wheels. Upgraded brake pads to Hawks.

5. Completely rebuilt the front end ball joints, control arms and steering.

6. Classic Performance rear sway bar kit.

7. 20" G54 Boyd Billet Wheels. 20" x 11" in the rear and 20" x 9" in the front

I need to reduce the resolution on some of the photos and will post later. Sorry about that.

1972 Suburban
1996 Porsche Twin Turbo
1999 Lexus LX 470
2003 Turbo S VW Beetle
2001 Toyota Tundra
mebeard is offline   Reply With Quote