View Single Post
Old 10-18-2022, 10:23 AM   #8
88Stanger

Re: A '66 Stepside SWB Transformation, Maybe?

Well Sir it appears you know what you want and that sometimes is half the battle. lol

Anyways, to add to what I was saying and to join in on what you were talking about in response to the brakes.. Whatever you do, make it SAFE! Add the dual circuit brakes and power booster with Discs. Having a great truck or car, with HP BUT no real good way to stop... not good as I am sure you know.

As a note, on my 5.3 LS in the "69 and the 383ci Stroker I built for the "66 both have a large enough cam that I cannot get more than say 11 - 13 inches of vacuum, not enough for brakes... I tried on the "69... ya no good. I tried Vacuum can and so on... So on both I have went with a Hydro-boost setup. Not cheap the route I went, BUT the brakes work!! and well. I always imagine having a family member in the truck... my goal is that they are safe first and foremost. I may not be as worried about me, but for family and friends.... its all the way.

Just another thought as you work through this journey.
(added - I just had a response to my build - it was in regards taking a while to read through due to its length and well my addiction to pics. LOL)
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote