View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 07:31 AM   #227
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutone View Post
Looks like this guy did a good job. The truck looks like it should. Very nice
yes sir thanks.i was driving a dumptruck yesterday and just got it home the night before so i really haven't had anytime to look very close but everywhere i have looked,it's beautiful work.the way it should be.he was telling me about all the places he found that he was repainting anyway,how the paint was flaking off as he sanded,or tape pulling the other make believe clown painter,paint off.i told him i realized how hard it was fixing somebody else's screw up but that i sure appreciate him taking this mess on.she'll be a knock out when i'm done with her.i got 2 nice emails last night from Santa Ana,Ca,one from the man,he's in his 80's now and the mans wife,who inherited the old homestead in Idaho where the truck was for 25 years.they can't believe what i'm doing with the truck and they told me how much that truck meant to their uncle and how they knew he'd be impressed.very nice to hear from them.they are searching for anything to do with that truck, or Leo Hoffman Chevrolet where it come from.i told them i'd be thrilled if they found anything.it's all good.take care.thanks.Greg
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote