View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 02:10 AM   #9
Powered

Re: A '66 Stepside SWB Transformation, Maybe?

So I took a peek under the square body and there is no sway bar. That may be something I can add later. I'll keep an eye out for one on line.

I think that for now I'm going to start working on a list of items that I need to "harvest" off the donor square body. A detailed list. Some of the larger components I will get are the rear end, maybe the leaf springs and spring hangers, etc. but right now I'm going to focus on the brakes and power steering along with the engine and transmission as secondary items. For sure, the brakes will need the following. By the way, I'd appreciate any input or suggestions from anybody who can offer input. Even if it should be debated or discussed. I find that I get a lot of really good information when folks discuss pros and cons of various subjects. Y'all may want to encourage other members who may have beneficial info that may not be looking at this section of the forum.

Anyway, as for the brakes:
Brake booster and master cylinder assy.
Proportioning valve.
Brake lines between master cylinder and proportioning valve.
Brake lines from valve to front calipers.
Hardware, like bolts and clamps for the brake lines.
Brake hoses to the front calipers.
Front calipers.

So what am I missing? Of course, if any of these things are damaged or obviously bad, they'll need replacing but I intend to install all of these and try them out. I'll know real quick if any are not going to work. The brake pads will probably be replaced unless they are really new looking.

One question that I thought about was connecting the steering column to the new power steering box. Will a rag joint work? if so, the one from the square body? If anyone knows what will work, I'd appreciate the info.

I'll do steering next perhaps.
Powered is offline   Reply With Quote