Thread: 47-59 49 Suburban
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 09:19 PM   #13
d4hartley

Re: 49 Suburban

Haven't updated in a while. Been slow and I need new parts in order to progress in the build. I installed what I could until then.

This is before I cut out the crossmember and part of radiator support on the stock frame.

This is after with the speedway bolt in crossmember installed and a fresh coat of paint. Took a couple hours to fit the crossmember even after measuring 10 times some of the bolt holes didn't line up. But it's in and looks pretty good.

Engine back together with new coat of paint to make it look nice. I had to put on an f-body oil pan in order to make it sit level with the crossmember instead of below it.

Set the engine in the suburban and it fits like a glove. Lots of space but we'll see if that changes once I get exhaust and steering in.

Test fit the front suspension and it looks nice. Kind of wish I went with coilovers instead of cutting my coils to get them to fit but I need to take them off in order to paint them before final install.

Started cleaning up the floor and painting it as well. This is the only picture I took so far but there's no major rust issues.

d4hartley is offline   Reply With Quote