View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 10:37 AM   #775
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

OK so update: New headers are on the way. I was reinstalling the headers for more exhaust work and remembered why these headers are not fun, I cannot get the plugs into the heads without removal of the headers. I think they are for angle plug heads and well my aluminum heads are not angle plug heads, so to fix this issue and well a few other issues with the headers are not lining up correctly down below in regards to the mufflers, i have just purchased a set of Mid-length headers that are bare. This will allow us ALOT more ability to move around the alignment for the mufflers and maybe just maybe install some "loud" makers into the exhuast.... lol
Anyways, they are from Speedway and made for our trucks. I also got two 25' DEI wrap kits for them, and I will use my High heat 2000 Degree paint to paint the headers with, then I was thinking that after they are wrapped, paint the wrap with the same high heat paint. DEI makes a silicone high heat spray, but DAMN that stuff is expensive!! So my thought is that high heat paint will work too? Thoughts?
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote