View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 02:26 AM   #3824
mr.mud1

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
This 1800s house where I'm working was built along a railway. It was a short line that only ran from the ore mines to the furnace, about 13 miles. Long gone without a trace, other than the grade. His long lane back runs along the grade that's grown over. Where you curve to go around the house, if you look straight back into the woods you see the long straight cut. I can't describe, but it feel very different back in there. I guess you can sense the history
very cool.it's very similiar here.an old coal mine town with mines and railway tracks everywhere,leading from the mines to the railyard and a big wharf out into the ocean where they'd load coal aboard sailing ships.the bottom end of our property borders on an old railbed.i know it was there but the tracks are long gone,Mother Nature is taking it all back and growing it all over but the railbed is clearly visible.somedays you can still smell the coal and i find coal in the woods where it spilled out of the rail cars.i go along that railbed mowing grass and sometimes just sit there and think about years ago,you can feel it.very cool.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote