View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 02:48 AM   #232
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

only a little update today.i've been busy since getting back from Ohio,working on customer cars,trying to get them done and back to my truck.i need a few friends to stop in to get the hood off with me so i can start pulling the motor out and everything else needing repaint.til some extra hands arrive,i was puttering around in the bed.it doesn't look like much but a lot of work re-installing the wheel tubs and re-bolting the bedsides to the floor,the tailgate hardware and all the sills,and going easy as to not damage new paint.the pressure.i was going to re-use all the carriage bolts but a few broke,a few bent so i did up a set of new bolts and the painter painted them all so it all went back together very well.to see the detail this painter went through to avoid overspray is incredible.i am finding little balls of tape stuffed into theaded holes,little foam ear plugs stuffed into every bolt hole along the bedside flange where it meets the floor.molding holes in the sheetmeatl with a piece of tape on the backside.unreal but the way it should be.the first clown,wanna-be painter couldn't be bothered to throw a cover over the engine,just paint right over it and this guy is filling in every threaded,drilled hole he finds.i guess that's what separates the men from the boys?
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote