View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 08:13 AM   #3825
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
very cool.it's very similiar here.an old coal mine town with mines and railway tracks everywhere,leading from the mines to the railyard and a big wharf out into the ocean where they'd load coal aboard sailing ships.the bottom end of our property borders on an old railbed.i know it was there but the tracks are long gone,Mother Nature is taking it all back and growing it all over but the railbed is clearly visible.somedays you can still smell the coal and i find coal in the woods where it spilled out of the rail cars.i go along that railbed mowing grass and sometimes just sit there and think about years ago,you can feel it.very cool.
So you know what I mean. I learned no so long ago that coal and iron was a big part of Nova Scotia history.

How about this place I know nothing about. The soil and rock are red in this area which is where Francis Scott Key's estate , Terra Ruba, is located The house is the same stonework. This building is a corn crib. Just the ends are stone. The rest is framed with vertical wood slats.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote