View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 08:04 PM   #262
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
OK, I have been gone for 2 weeks visiting my brother in Georgia. I think I am caught up on my stuff here at home now so maybe I can get something done on the Dually project. A local guy that's building a '72 Blazer stopped by a couple of days ago and bought $650 worth of parts, He stopped by again yesterday and picked up the stuff he couldn't get in his small pickup before. Of course we always have to talk trucks for a while when he stops by.....

I worked on the exhaust manifolds yesterday afternoon and this morning, replacing the lower studs. There were a couple of broken ones and the rest were pretty rusty so I decided to replace them all. I had to heat them all cherry red with the acetylene torch before they would break loose. Ran a tap through the holes to clean up the threads and installed the new ones. Glad that's done!

I ordered the manifold to head gaskets online from NAPA just now. They qualified for a 15% discount so the total price was $22.50. They will be ready for pickup at my local store Monday afternoon..... As soon as I get the manifolds on I can install the inner panels.

I went back out this evening and installed the radiator and hoses.. It is getting dark pretty early so I didn't have much time. Fan clearance worked out really good.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 10-29-2022 at 08:12 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote