View Single Post
Old 10-30-2022, 10:05 PM   #2368
Wikid61
Post Whore

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds Part 2

I bought this truck several years ago from the nephew of the original owner, who was a smoke jumper who later became a pilot in Alaska. He used this truck to commute between McCall, ID and Alaska. He bought a plane and would leave the truck in the hanger where the plane was kept, with instructions to keep it ready to go. It probably stayed in the hanger for 30-40 years, it was painted 20-25 years ago.

Has original 292 engine, 4-speed Muncie transmission, and saddle tanks. Disc brakes on front (first year), Petronix ignition and motor mounts. In the last 5 years, it's had a new gas tank behind the seat, battery, radiator core, alternator, fuel pump, rebuilt carb, new bearings/seals in front end and drive train. Tires have less than 5000 miles on them. Has '06 Duramax wheels on it, but I have the original 16-inch steel wheels that go with it and the original white bumper.

Runs and drives perfectly, daily driver until I retired from Napa auto parts two years ago. Would run again to Alaska today. https://eastoregon.craigslist.org/ct...551509975.html
Attached Images

Wikid61 is offline   Reply With Quote