View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 01:25 PM   #776
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Update:
Ok, so I got the headers from Speedway, nice basic pieces, but what is really nice is that was unaware they come with 3 hole flanges with Bolts and Gaskets, Header gaskets and new header bolts! So that was nice. 1 issue I ran into, the large flange that mounts to the heads has a bit of a warp on the Pass side. I would say it is 3/16 of inch or so difference from the center two ports to the two outside ports, being that if you lay it against the head, the center two ports touch and the outside ports are approx. 3/16" out. I have had this before and just installed the bolts and that solved the issue - it flexed them in. Not a real big issue, if needed I could just cut the flange outside the two center ports allow them to then move independent.
Ok, so I removed the header wrap from the previous headers and just reused on the new headers. It worked great, no issues (no heat cycles), I had a bit of the DEI Silicone coating left over and found a local auto-parts house that had a can, so I just re-sprayed the wrap, looks good. If someone wants to do this, hint here, get some stainless steel wire used to wire lock and use it on the wrap. The neat little stainless steel tie wraps work ok, but you cannot tighten them very much.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote