View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 07:03 PM   #233
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

not really any great progress to report,i've been busy with putting some cars away for winter,dump truck driving and plans for digging some drainage ditches tomorrow while the weather is nice.i did round up 10 hubcaps and there's 4 in there that i can do something with.i bought a set of the decals for the black on the hubcaps and the blue bowtie from a fella in North Carolina.i may use them rather than try to mask off what doesn't want paint and repaint them.i'm a long way from needing hubcaps but i have some finally.i did have a couple buddies stop in yesterday so i took advantage of all the hands and got the hood off.i can handle it from there,i'll get the fenders off with a hand from my wife,then smooth sailing.i plan for the weekend to have everything off and out of the way in order to pull the engine out for it's new coat of paint.i think i'll be replacing the coil,distributor cap,wires and a bunch of stuff,all covered in white overspray.it'll be easier to replace some stuff rather than fight to get off paint?i have noticed,every trim hole in the fenders,doors and bed sides have had a piece of masking tape on the inside to keep overspray out and these little foam ear plugs in every hole down the bedside flange where the floor bolts back to the bedsides.every new carriage bolt i pushed in,pushed out an ear plug?what a differance getting paint work by a pro who cares about his work compared to a clown who lacked the brains to even throw a tarp over a new painted engine and engine compartment??there will be more progress by the weekend.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote