Thread: NAPCO Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 11:08 AM   #442
special-K
Special Order

Re: NAPCO Thread

I love that thing! There are some odd NAPCO conversions out there. The military and others had some mighty custom stuff, like cabovers, school busses, cabover school buses...

Last weekend at a big rig show & shine this guy had what started out as a, early-50s US Army Chevy NAPCO aluminum Stepvan. I took pictures but just got a new phone this week and managed to lose all my pictures.

This thing had a story. It ended up bought from the military and converted back to 2wd by Wonder Bread. Some other business bought it from them and painted it again. This guy got it and stripped all that paint down, plus the Army scuffed it with 80 grit so he had to work all that out to have the polished look it has now. He put it on an F350 4wd chassis, Accurides, coker bias-ply 6.50-16 M&S, hi-performance-built 6BT, with a 6spd out of a 2 1/2t IH. I really regret losing those pictures. That thing was neat. He still had the NAPCO Power-Pak emblems on it. Too bad it's no longer one, only in spirit now

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote