View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 01:30 PM   #6
kxmotox247

Re: Is patina still in?

Looks great. I agree with you.

I hate rust. Not being able to blast and remove all of the rust makes me cringe. That's my biggest problem with preserving patina. Along with all of the beautiful patina came a lot of rust that needed to be removed. You can see plenty of pictures in another active thread below this one where I had to replace the floor. I bet I spent 3-4 days stripping rust. 1 day at the blaster and I could have had the whole thing in epoxy and not had the fear that the rust was going to come back out of the pits. But the blaster was not an option.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne View Post
As someone who restores or refreshes projects strictly to sell when done (so that I can move on to the next one, it's my retirement hobby), I can see doing it either way. Different target audience, but there are buyers for either style.

That said, I'm as picky about my patina as I am about paint. And I rarely find what I consider to be good patina candidates, so most everything I do ends up with fresh paint and all that.

In my current case, the patina train left the station long before I bought it as a stalled project. This was what it already looked like when I picked it up...

kxmotox247 is offline   Reply With Quote