Old 11-22-2022, 09:20 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: Zero Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
Those control heads were known to fail.
The transistors are a weak point.

If it ends up the control head is the problem, here is a thread from another chevy truck board that might help. There is part information too.
https://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/s...ecbce0c900bf9/

Here is a photo of the control board. It only has two of the transistors circled so notice there are others. Somewhere I had information on what each transistor does but I can't seem to find it. I will look some more tomorrow.
This helps a lot. The '95-only panel had me stumped. I finally adapted the wiring to install a JY '96-up panel but fan was dead (I assumed) so never got anything working. But even in the summer I felt no warmth out the vents. I assume the fan switch is it's own animal and the blend controls are integral to the control panel. So could have fan and not have one or the other or both functions. I'll do the fan and resistor over the holiday... I hope.

I just went to Ebay to see if the panels include the fan switch and the first listing offers "Save up to 12% when buying more" . Are they admitting you'll wish you bought more than one when the first one goes dead in short time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
Air or no air? I am wondering if both heater hoses are warm?
Yes, both feel warm and same temp.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote