Thread: 47-55.1 Best way to ship a rear end
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 05:44 PM   #5
joedoh

Re: Best way to ship a rear end

go to dutchmans and just lip off to a guy bigger than you. it sounds strange but you'll have your rear end handed to you. since youre already there, problem solved.

seriously though, it seems to me if you are sending it there, you can expect they will be sending it back. so maybe call them and see if they can do a reverse ticket, the shipping company will come pick it up from you or more likely you will take it to their local hub, and the best thing is, you will get their discounted business rate.

as for the how, strap it to a pallet. I have about a hundred (i do not actually have a hundred its an exaggeration) pallets from the metal shop so you can expect to find one at an industrial manufacturer for free or cheap, and put it in the bed of your truck then strap the rear and axles to it, and drive to whatever shipper hub and they will unload it with a forklift. for straps, literally ratchet straps.

just spitballing

oh and fastenal offers this kind of large item pallet shipping if you have one close and there us one close to where its going. but its a hurry and wait thing. greyhound (the bus company) too, although greyhound does put weight limits on stuff.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote