View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 10:06 PM   #22
mr48chev

Re: Unexpected disk brake - wheel problem

When I took that photo in 1982 At the Chevy-GMC Truckin Nationals in Ogden I had a 68 Camaro Subframe with 72 Monte Carlo disk brakes on the front and a 66 Impala 12 bolt posi under the rear. That is after I did have to use spacers and had to grind on one corner of the caliper for clearance.

Still I have to believe that you can get by with just a bit of a spacer. get a hand full of flat washers and go one layer at a time until you have clearance and the measure the stack. Don't forget that it isn't very hard or expensive to swap out the lug bolts for longer lug bolts. That is under 20 bucks a side if you do it yourself.

I'd add that I think your choice of simple chrome wheels and those tires do give it that all business push truck look. I might go as far as actually build a push bar for it. If you drove it to Bonneville for speed week that sure would one up those posers who paint drag car classes on their rust buckets and pretend that they are old land speed cars hoping someone will take a photo of it.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote