View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 01:11 PM   #40
TX3100Guy

Re: Unexpected disk brake - wheel problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post

He could have popped a lug stud out, run to the parts house and found some matching lug studs that were 1/4 or more longer and put the spacers on and done but he has to do everything the hard way and make old man Davison cringe. fiy Mr 48 = old man Davison or Rob Davison in some groups.
Despite your belief that I "could have popped a lug stud out" which sounds so incredibly easy which must be case on the factory axle. But as I've pointed out several times, I have an aftermarket axle that would require removal of the caliper, rotors, mounting brackets, and axle shaft. Then taking the 1/2 axle to my press to just pop out the lug stud. All of that just to see if that idea is workable.

Instead, I chose to purchase a wheel adapter to see if that remedies the problem. If it does, then I can continue with my build and decide at a later date if I change my wheels and tires.

By the way, I did try washers and the 1/4" spacer with the existing lugs and it just barely worked, which is why I purchased the 1 1/4" spacer/adapter that Lee suggested, which seemed like a more constructive suggestion than critical.

My 1953 Chevy Work-In-Process Photo Gallery

"I don't have a carbon footprint, I drive everywhere."
TX3100Guy is offline   Reply With Quote