View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 01:34 PM   #8
MikeandCheryl

Re: Entertaining Selling my Truck :'(

IMHO - for a vehicle that isn't a potential for a nice period perfect rebuild, anything less than 5K is in reality, a vehicle needing to be parted out. there will be mechanical, electrical, and bodywork needed - perhaps some frame work if you are lucky! You might get your money back from parting the stuff out, but you can also end up with a long term, garage filled hobby. From 5K - 10K you might own a vehicle that is complete, but in rough shape and may or may not be road worthy. 10-15K gets you a much nicer vehicle with some newer parts, is drive-able, and would be a great candidate for restoration. Above 15K the nice improves, and the stuff needing replacement fades somewhat. Now you enter the area where some nice touches are evident - better transmission, some engine treats, better paint, performance goodies, perhaps. Here is where the price becomes murky. If the truck remains stock to the bones, the prices rise dramatically. If the truck is a replica of an era, with some modern touches, the value is vague, but nostalgia juts in - 'I rode in this truck with my grandma' - that sort of thing.
Your truck looks great and I can only compare it to the one in pieces in my garage. Mine falls into the Category 1 level. Without a solid repair period, the value is it's scrap value in weight - maybe 350$. parts - who knows? repaired - perhaps into the 5-10K range, a little nicer - maybe 15K. But that's just me, and what I glean off these pages and social media.
Good luck.
MikeandCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote