View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 02:33 PM   #825
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Ok, so I got the Nut for the Hydro boost from CaptainFab and it work flawlessly, just as I expected. I got the C-Clip off, then the nut, removed the spacer and test fit the correct dimples to drill out, and the ones I highlighted in silver are perfect. I drilled them out with my drill press, test fit it again to CaptainFabs bracket and it was a perfect match. So then I install the plate back onto the Hydro boost, replace the clip and test mount the entire system. It was a perfect match. The only kicker here now is the distance to the brake pedal mount is further than than the pieces they send with the kit, and go try to find a damn 3/8" all thread rod with Fine threads!!! Hint, locally hardware stores do not have any! The reality is that the only thing they have that is over 1" long are the hollow all thread for hanging lights, the gold hollow all thread! Ys not using that... so i found a 12" piece of all thread for just over 2 dollars at Granger supply. ANYWAYS... lol I just want it to fit and look right. Getting this 12" all thread will allow me to reach the hole in the pedal. I will have it adjusted to be just off the rubber bumpers.
I have the clutch pedal the same way and it is done already. I have pics coming of this.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote