Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 03:26 PM   #132
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Lets title today's episode as... What the heck is all of that!?!?

So I am bringing the bed to work Monday to spot in the color where the fuel filler is and also the rolled pan. With the bed out of the way I did some clean up today and moved the cab front and center. I am finally getting around too removing the windshield, the headliner and the last off the interior trim. I had always wondered why the candy red headliner was sagging in that one spot..... and then I saw this, the biggest mouse nest/bedding I've ever come across! I also found what can only be described as the first version of Dynamat sound deadener/insulation! Lol. Layers of cardboard glued to the inside of the roof.

After cleaning all that up I popped the front fender wells back up on scissor stands and welded up the holes that I have now figured out what they are for and will not need in the future.

And lastly... I was asked to take a picture of me working on the truck. I take tons of pics to document the build and share with my dad, but I work alone and never have any with me in it. Today my wife came out and took some for me. Why you might be asking yourself? Well.... The editors of Classic Truck Performance have reached out to me. Some pictures of my build ran across their desk somehow and they like what they see. So they have decided to run a "Behind the Scenes/ Garage Built" type article on what I'm doing. For that they wanted a picture of me actually working on it. I suspect this will be out in the next few months, although I'm not really sure what to expect and how big it will be. I'm pretty stoked and honored. No pro builder here so I think its cool when home built vehicles get some ink.
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856

Last edited by gsinon; 12-10-2022 at 04:04 PM.
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote