Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 04:12 PM   #143
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
I put the gas filler in about the same place as mine. Yours is much better done than mine. I will say refueling is like 10x easier just having cap on drivers side. Seems easier too in that area. I might add Here in OR we are generally not allowed to fill our own tanks at the station. The location however usually results in most attendants immediately asking me to do it due to potential damage issues. Also i have a locking cap which complicates things a bit. I do still get burping issues when full even with the 1/2" breather vent and was thinking of routing vent differently but not sure of best way.
I lived in CT and we don't have a single full service station that I know of. New Jersey is that way everywhere as it is law. You can not pump your own gas there!

I plan on running a vent tube from the top of the tank all the way up to the top next to the fill tube. Hopefully that will help with flow and any burping issues. I had an older car a while ago that the vent and valve were too low and it caused issues like that. So now when I can I run it as high as I can.
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote