Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 08:14 AM   #146
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cautrell05 View Post
Very nice work all the way through. I like the blackout treatment on the Ramjet. I have installed two of those in different builds. Both ran great and the low end torque is insane.
Did you get a different bracket for the kickdown cable? I had issues with mine using the supplied bracket and the post on the throttle body with a 700r4. It would shift fine at wide open throttle but slip at half throttle. I ended up making a new mount that bolts to the throttle arm to change the ratio. I would guess that someone makes one for it.

I read through but don't remember seeing it, where is the battery going?

Looking forward to your progress.
Nick
Good morning Nick,

Thanks for the comments and compliments.

For the Ramjet I wanted a little different look then the grey they come. I was hoping that what I pictured in my head with the black would work. I was thrilled when I picked it up from the powder coater. The bracket I am using is from Lokar, I'm also using their throttle and Tv cable so I'm hoping it all works properly.

I'm not sure I ever posted a picture with the battery mount. It is going on the outside of the frame right behind the front cab mount on the passenger side. I welded nuts inside the frame before boxing it. I am hopeful this will all work as planned, but I have to admit to never fitting the box there with the cab on. Just one of those things I forgot to do before removing it for the last time. So..... If it doesn't fit as I hope/expect it to I will make a mounting bracket and mount it to the front of the cab mount in the fender well. There is room there if I have to go that route. I would just make a cover for the battery so road debris coming off the tires wouldn't damage the battery should it get hit.

I'm normally the guy that pre fits everything so these last minute things don't happen. However this one thing slipped through the cracks without me doing it.

Thanks for following along.
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote