View Single Post
Old 12-20-2022, 07:30 PM   #265
Wikid61

Re: Facebook classifieds finds

1964 Chevrolet c-20
$4,500
Listed 3 hours ago in West Valley City, UT https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...b-ff1d9a16ebfa This is a time capsule! Completely unmolested with the original 283 V8 still running in it! I purchased this from the original owner and the GemTop shell was put on the day he bought the truck new. Typical rust these trucks had is no different here. Minimal compared to some! But it does have the usual spots. It's got 57k original miles and from what it took to snap the motor back to running well , including a rebuild on the carb...its safe to assume he never exceeded 45 to 50 mph in this thing! Loads of carbon buildup. It drives and shifts as if it were new. Amazing how well the clutch and drive train operate after this many years. I purchased this to haul a vintage camper but now going a different route. An additional perk to this is I also have a 1981 chevy 350 motor with the EXACT same 57k miles on it that is an effortless swap for the 283 if you wanted more power and a 4 barrel vs 2. The 350 is turn key and complete carb to pan . This truck still has its original paint .
Attached Images

Wikid61 is online now   Reply With Quote