View Single Post
Old 12-24-2022, 08:00 PM   #163
KyleSeal

Re: My 1967 Build (Finally)

Some inner cab work - I am a huge fan of the Eastwood rust encapsulator and internal frame coating. This internal frame stuff does NOT come off unless sanded off, not even if you dunk it in acetone (tried to get off a spilled area, no luck). I used the internal frame coating for the rear inner wall of the cab, as it was pretty surface rusty. Used some lights and air techniques to evenly distribute for full coverage and it came out well. It advertises it will "creep" into hard to rear places and I gotta say, it sure does. Looking at some of the pinch weld seams for the door seal, I can see it worked its way between the panels which is great. It is a mess though, so be ready to clean up any areas you dont want it and mask well before applying.

I then did the inside of the firewall, wire wheel'd and 220'd everything, and hit with the rust encapsulator. I then went after it with some SEM 1k seam sealer, which is my favorite, works very well. I typically give it a few hours, and hit it with some of the rust encapsulator again to seal up the seam sealer, as it will attract and grab onto dirts and such even after its dried.

Name:  IMG_3907.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  61.5 KB Name:  IMG_3928.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  82.3 KB

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote