Thread: 47-55.1 battery question
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 03:04 AM   #5
mr48chev

Re: battery question

Some people may or may not like Les Schwab but I have run Les Schwab tires and Batteries since 1980. For two primary reasons. At one time I had about six of my former students working in their stores and I think two former students manage Les Schwab stores right now. Second, and most important there are few places in the PNW that you aren't within a reasonable distance of a Les Schwab store if you have battery or tire trouble.

Interstate batteries are excellent and I have friends who will only use those.

I had a Die Hard Deep Cycle battery in my sailboat for 15 years that worked fine as long as I kept it charged.

Batteries like to be kept charged and be active and A battery tender isn't a bad idea.

That reminds me, it is time to make the rounds out here and charge all of the batteries in my rigs that don't move much. \

I found out a while back that if you have one of the electronic voltage sensing battery chargers like some that HF sells they won't charge a fully dead battery and will tell you that the battery is dead. I had to jump the VW off my lawnmower and charge it off the mower for about 20 minutes to get enough of a charge in the battery for the charger to trigger off. Those old analog chargers with the 6-off-12 V switch and a gauge with a needle don't care and will usually charge from stone dead.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote