View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 01:07 AM   #11
Stroked 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Installed the NuRelics PW in my 72 along with the NuCrank switches that use original handles. No long term use, only tested and they seem to operate smoothly.
PDL are easy. Practically any universal actuator mounted inside door under the lock rod will work. Most include attachment hardware to door lock rod. On the old vehicles I never bother with door lock switches. Just actuate with an alarm or RDL module.

Edit- Failed to address you wanted brand recommendations. For alarms I have used Viper many times (owned by DEI). Worked at a car stereo shop in my younger years. Installed one on my 94 at purchase. Glitches occurred after 20 years and replacement remotes not available. Replaced with another from Viper with remote start. Really happy with it. Have another of the same to install in my 72. Another without the remote start in my work truck. All doors on the utility bed have triggers. Note that I have seen most of the premium products are intended for professional install. Instructions will be sparse and manufacturer will not help. So if you do not have experience install can be challenging. Never installed a remote PDL. The cost is almost the same as an alarm, so why bother.
Any chance you could post some pictures of how you mounted the switches behind the door skin tucked inside the frame of the power window regulator, please? I installed the same set up on my sons 1972 K-10 but have been having fits with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stroked 69 is offline   Reply With Quote