View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 09:39 AM   #15
Willie Makeit

Re: CPP Brand New 100% redesign tilt steering column

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper42 View Post
First, CPP has been supplying these tilts for well over 10 years. Second, MANY well known 3rd party suppliers sell these, some specifically giving credit to CPP, others perhaps going directly thru the importer, or having them imported themselves. There must be literally thousands of these columns sold, installed and used over all these years. If there was a concern, this would have come to an end years ago. Yes, my list goes on. You'll read a wide range of mixed opinions about the quality. VERY LITTLE (if any) will give you first hand, factual evidence to support they are unsafe, or even inferior. The main thing about the allegation of inferiority, is that if there were a product concern we'd see an end to the sale of these. CPP is from California and that state has robust Consumer Protection Laws under the State Attorney General. If there was a safety issue, I am certain CPP would be out of business, or would discontinue the product AND all these other suppliers would not be selling these. Unfortunately, we have a lot of bias people in this nation, particularly when it come to China.
Take it however you wish, but I have first hand experience with CPP columns.

They are junk and they are dangerous.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote