View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 03:18 PM   #3
wrangler94

Re: 1970 Chevy Custom/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
Good looking truck. That tailgate looks straight. Always good to get them running. Kinda laughed at your one picture, I just came in from checking the spares on the 70, Tahoe, and Mitsu, using a piece of cardboard on my gravel driveway! BTW, score on the deal you made!!
Yeah the tailgate is straight, bed isn't rusty, and doors even open and shut properly. The lower doors are rusty, and rocker panels, which seems to be pretty common. The inner roof near where the driver side visor flips down is rusted out pretty bad, but outer roof skin looks fine. Seemed like somewhat of a mystery to me at first, until I saw where at some point someone had drilled through the inner and outer roof skin for a CB antenna at some point, then caulked over the hole but the caulk dried out and leaked water into the roof, and with how it was sitting/leaning, the water collected there and rusted it's way out. Otherwise the cab is in very good shape as far as I can tell so far. I'll load more pics of the inside shortly after I resize some more so they load right.
wrangler94 is offline   Reply With Quote