View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 08:47 PM   #7
samert111

Re: Front Disc brake upgrade kit

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Fortunately, my truck has had a frame off restoration recently so all the brake lines and brake hoses are all newer.

My concern was if the current front hard brake lines are large enough to handle the increased flow/volume for the disc upgrade. So may need to upgrade those as necessary.

Secondly, the brake kit disclaimer says it will not work with factory 15" wheels but I have aftermarket aluminum wheels so I'll still need to take some measurements to confirm the calipers will clear my current wheels. (see pic)

I'm already power brakes but will need a new MC and proportioning valve for the front discs.

We're in Tucson for the winter heading back to MI in April so all I can think about what mods I want to make when I get home.

On the list first this summer is the drop spindle disc brake conversion along with 2" lower blocks in the rear and rear shock relocation kit from No limit Engineering to move the shocks to outside the frame rails and behind the rear diff.

Next would be swapping out the manual Saginaw 4 speed with a Tremec 5 speed manual with OD and converting the rear diff to a limited slip carrier changing the 3.08 gears to 3.73 and the rear tires to 295/50R15 from the current 235/70R15's.

Can't wait to get home.
Attached Images

samert111 is offline   Reply With Quote