View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 11:22 PM   #858
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

I bought and installed a new battery. Last winter I noticed it cranked slower when it was cold in the morning. I figured a new battery was on the horizon. But it kept on cranking. When the cold weather came around this year, same thing. It's been a mild winter with only two very cold snaps. Last week was one and it almost didn't start.
On a warmer morning since, it just wouldn't crank fast enough. Hooked up the charger. I had to hook the charger up again yesterday morning when it wasn't very cold. Last evening I needed to go to town and it was dead after sitting a few hours. I put it on the charger early so I could do what I could last evening. I tried to start it an hour or so after charging and it was about dead. Charged it a while again and it managed to fire up, so I hustled into town, now for a battery as well. I was worried it didn't have enough charge but I made it. Put the new one in hoping I was correct that it was obviously the battery, since I had shut it off. Fired right up like it hasn't in a couple years. I hope this new battery is as good as that old one. Date written on top was 9/12/13!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote