View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 10:40 AM   #306
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by cericd View Post
I've been away from the forum for about a month or two. You certainly got a lot done in that short amount of time. The truck is looking great! I'm a BIG fan of a stock restoration. You're attention to detail is inspiring. I dig that rear step bumper. What paint/primer did you use on it? Sometimes they look too metallic once they're restored but yours looks really good.
hi Chris.thanks,the truck is just about ready.i started the engine yesterday for the first time in about 6 or 7 months.it ran a year ago after i built it but no time on it really other than break-in time.it was nice to hear it run again.i'm just tidying up a few loose ends,waiting for the trim shop man to tell me to bring my seat in for repairs.if i make it to the Charlotte Autofair and see a new houndstooth seat cover,i might just bring it home?as far as the rear bumper,i painted it with this Rustoleum hammertone paint and plain old gray primer.i was at the hardware store the other day and bought another can marked down but noticed they had it in that same finish but several different colours?kind of cool.take care.Greg
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote