gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8man View Post
Looking good!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
sorry about your dad, you had a great mentor and friend and how lucky he was to have such a caring son. someone better at words than me said grief is like ocean waves, first you are just tossed and swamped and overwhelmed, and when you catch that first breath of air, slowly, it becomes easier to breathe and even float a little while. but waves being what they are can sometimes rise up and overwhelm you, even in a perfect calm, drenching you and drowning you and pushing you around. i dont subscribe to the 12 stages theory, I like the waves theory because the 12 stages relies on acceptance, and some people with deep and lasting relationships may never reach acceptance.

that said, you are knocking out the stuff i normally half ass just to be done, and the color he picked will be perfect!
Thank you for the kind words. Frankly I agree with your Waves analogy better then the 12 stages. I don't ever expect to "get over" the loss of him, But I will instead treasure each and every memory and what he taught me. This build being one of those things. Using all the knowledge I have from him I will now change directions and not only build it in his honor but using everything he instilled in me and taught me to get it done.
I had several staff members of the nursing home he was in for the last 14 mon the often tell me how lucky he was to have me and our relationship. I visited him four times a week so they saw me all the time. I always said that I was in fact the lucky one. Maybe in the end it was Both of us......

That color he wanted it to be is something I custom made for another project. It is a One Off color that has only been used one time before and is on the top half of my daughters square body pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dan- View Post
Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Thanks, stay tuned!
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856

Last edited by gsinon; 02-18-2023 at 06:41 PM.
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote